SME 3009 3012 S2 REWIRE KIT cable, continuous Litz wiring from head to preamp
Regular price £74.99
This is a rewire kit for SME 3012 or SME 3009. It has been used and then removed carefully. Below is the information from the manufacturer.
The Vinyl Source
This is the only rewire kit for SME 3009/3012 S2, detachable or fixed headshell, that rewire your beloved tonearm from head to the phono preamp with a single uninterrupted Litz wire!!!
The cable is built with continuous Litz wires from the headshell till the RCA connectors, no joints in the middle, this assures the maximum quality with no losses of signal.
The components used to manufacture this cable are all first quality:
- RCA connectors: pro-quality Amphenol, the strict tolerance assure the perfect connection with your phono preamp.
- Shielding: Thickly braided tinned copper (see picture 6) made with Mil specifications assure RF interference free.
- Wiring: British made 10 strands OFC Litz wires with pure silk insulation for strength, flexibility and perfect conductivity.
- Cable length: 1mt from the base of the tonearm to the RCA connectors, internal wiring 60 cm.
Components are not enough to achieve excellence:
- Pseudo-differential wiring: Ensure the best ground return with maximisation of RF shielding, the cable can be easily modified into XLR connection (picture 7).
- Hot and Cold wires are installed with strands twisting in the opposite direction to each other for minimising the cable inductance (below the 50 pH, we cannot exactly measure it because of our testing pieces of equipment that are not sensitive enough)
- Low capacitance configuration (around 90-100 pF for all the cable from the headshell to the connectors).
This kit is suitable for all SME 3009/3012 Unimproved or improved with the SME 4 pins connector, either if the connector is mounted laterally or facing downward (long can early tonearms). Please be aware that the early SME SII (not improved) with aluminium wand have the wand dumped with a long piece of balsa, you have to strip the wand and pull the balsa out prior to install the rewiring kit.